Some excellent trips up Loch Etive and the Creag islands last week, better weather than forecast and plenty of wildlife sightings, white tailed eagles, northern diver and seals. Here is an outline of trips for next week.
Loch Etive was spectacular on Saturday’s trip, seals, sea eagles and stunning rainbows. Here is our availability for next week, as always subject to change due to weather:)
Monday 14th:All trips available. Tuesday 15th: All trips available. Wednesday 16th: All trips available. Thursday 17th: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Friday 18th: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Saturday 19th: Private Charter – Sorry no trips. Sunday 20th: Private Charter.
Last week was a great week for Loch Etive trips, where the mountains provide more shelter during our cruises. Excited to see an otter at Connel Bridge, other wildlife making an appearance were seals and sea eagles. This week we have a private charter mid week, but lots of availability Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
Monday 7th:Provisional half day Loch Etive departing midday. Tuesday 8th: Private Charter – sorry no trips. Wednesday 9th: Private Charter. Thursday 10th: Private Charter. Friday 11th: Private Charter . Saturday 12th: All trips available – afternoon departure. Sunday 13th: All trips available.
Around Kerrera was the most popular choice for visitors this week and on Saturday our private charter took us out to the Garvellachs, four small islands lying north west of Jura. We landed on the most southerly, Eileach an Naoimh, to visit the ruined remains of an ancient Celtic monastery believed to have been founded by St Brendan in 542 AD, carefully watched by a pair of soaring golden eagles.
Monday 30th: 3-4 hour trip round Kerrera and Duart Castle –1pm departure. Tuesday 1st: Afternoon trip available …where will you go? Wednesday 2nd: Half day Loch Etive trip –10am. Thursday 3rd: Provisional Half day Loch Etive trip –10am. Friday 4th: All trips available Saturday 5th: All trips available Sunday 6th: Private Charter – sorry no trips.
Last weeks most popular trip was around Lismore – on today’s outing we were followed by a group of young seals who were just having fun!! Great to watch, but forgot the camera!! The weather is looking more settled over the next week; here is an outline of our availability 🙂
Monday 16th:All trips available Tuesday 17th: All trips available Wednesday 18th: Private Charter – sorry no trips today. Thursday 19th: Provisional 2 Hour Creags trip – 10amstart. Friday 20th: Half day Loch Etive Trip, 10am departure – places available. Saturday 21st: Creag Islands trip – 2pm departure. Sunday 22nd: Private Charter – sorry no trips today.
Last week was a bit blowy so we only managed out on a few days, but once again we were rewarded with some great wildlife sightings! This week is looking a bit better – below is a rough guide to what we are planning. Remember we just need 4 to go on a trip, and if you are less than 4 we will try to find others to join you
Monday 9th: Around Lismore– 10am – Sorry Trip Full Tuesday 10th: Half day Loch Etive Trip, 11am departure – places available. Wednesday 11th: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Thursday 12th: 2 HourOban Bay Trip – 2pm start. Friday 13th: Half day Loch Etive Trip, 10am departure – places available. Saturday 14th: All trips available…where will you go? Sunday 15th: Around Lismore– 10am start – places available.
Great start to last week with some interesting wildlife sightings, the highlight was a sea eagle trying to take off with a goose for dinner! We also spotted ospreys up Loch Etive and lots of seals. The weather deteriorated over the weekend, and it looks like it will linger into next week. Below is an outline of what we can do next week, updates to follow.
Monday 2nd: Sorry NO trips today due to high winds and rain 🙁 Tuesday 3rd: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Wednesday 4th: Provisional Loch Etive Trip – 10am start. Thursday 5th: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Friday 6th: Around Kerrera – 10am start. Saturday 7th: All trips available – departure times to suit. Sunday 8th: All trips available … where will you go?
Well we’ve ended this week with some overdue warm summer sunshine and gentle breezes. Saw a sea otter today and some porpoise out past Kerrera, chasing the mackerel! Here’s the schedule so far for next week, subject to change .
Monday 26th: Half day Loch Etive – 10am – TRIP FULL Tuesday 27th: Around Lismore – 10am departure. Wednesday 28th: Around Kerrera – 10am start. Thursday 29th: Provisional Around Kerrera or Lismore – 10am. Friday 30th: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast. Saturday 31st: Private Charter: Sorry no trips today Sunday 1st: Trips to be confirmed due to current weather forecast.
We have been shower dodging again last week however it was all worth it with some fantastic sightings of Osprey, white tailed eagles and seals all up Loch Etive. Here’s an idea of our availability for next week.
Monday 19th:Sorry no trips today due to the weather 🙁 Tuesday 20th: Provisional Half Day Loch Etive trip – 10am departure. Wednesday 21st: Sorry no trips today due to the weather 🙁 Thursday 22nd: Half day Loch Etive 9am – places available. Friday 23rd: Private Charter – sorryno trips today. Saturday 24th: Private Charter – no trips available. Sunday 25th: Private Charter – sorryno trips again today.